Retail Sales Associates are responsible for consistently achieving individual sales goals to support the store’s sales and profit objectives while providing superior customer service. Duties include handling sales of instruments, accessories and sheet music as well as promoting and processing our repair, rental and lesson services. This is a part-time hr/wk position. Store hours are 10AM – 8PM Monday – Friday. 10AM – 4PM on Saturday and 1PM – 5PM on Sunday.
Essential duties and responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Deliver outstanding customer service by developing rapport and sharing product knowledge to every customer
- Complete sales and process transactions using our Point of Sale system
- Continually learn new product information to educate and assist customers
- Promote the McCutcheon Music lesson program
- Create business by networking with teachers/schools, churches and community organizations.
- Perform daily maintenance tasks such as cleaning, restocking, in-store merchandising, and tuning instruments
- Maintain store security including: perimeter door keys, register keys and personal alarm code.
- Build lasting relationships with customers. Make follow up contact regarding recent purchases, suggest new merchandise, or extend an invitation for a lesson, class, or event
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Knowledge of musical instruments and written music
- Retail or customer service experience
- Passionate about sharing the joy of music with others
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations
- Ability to learn and communicate detailed product information
- Cash handling and POS system experience
- Computer skills – typing, email, web navigation
- Excellent verbal and written communication and people skills
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Desire to serve customers in a suburban, family-oriented environment
Education and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years sales, retail or customer service experience
- A strong musical background is highly preferred
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Regularly required to stand
- Frequently required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Occasionally required to sit, climb stairs or a ladder
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
*Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings & weekends*